A traineeship is a pre-employment training programme, providing work experience that unlocks the often-untapped potential of young people and prepares them for their future careers by helping them to become ‘work ready’. For an employer, it provides a perfect ‘entry gateway’ for recruitment candidates who have been trained and are pre-prepared for the world of work, thus enhancing their quality, confidence and readiness for the recruitment process. Trainees receive:
- A work experience placement lasting up to six weeks
- Help with English and Maths if required
- Support and help to create CVs, interview skills and confidence building.
Individual Trainees do not receive payment for their work experience but are given expenses for such things as travel and meals. This would benefit your business by increasing your pool of candidates and their readiness for interview and employment, and thereby directly reducing recruitment costs over time.
Having Traineeships in your business is a perfect pathway to the next step of a funded Apprenticeship qualification. This pathway is set out in figure below. Individuals who are eligible for a Traineeship must meet the following criteria:
- Eligible to work in England
- Unemployed or have little or no work experience
- Aged 16 to 24 and qualified below level 3.
For further information about Traineeships please contact email@example.com or call 0116 4970674.