Sector-Based Work Academy in Passenger Transport – Bus and Coach Driving
The Development Fund is delighted to be working in partnership with Jobcentre Plus in Luton, Leicester and Stevenage to provide an exciting FREE opportunity for unemployed individuals. The Development Fund is also working in collaboration with Arriva in those areas.
The Sector-Based Work Academy will provide the following opportunities:
- Gain recognised qualifications in the Passenger Transport sector
- Opportunity to speak directly with employers
- A guaranteed job interview on completion of the course
You will be required to attend a Sector Based Work Academies Selection event which are being held at:
- Luton 14 & 15 November – 10am and 2pm sessions
- Leicester 20 & 21 November – 10am and 2pm sessions
- Stevenage 27 & 28 November – 10am and 2pm sessions
The selection events will start at 10.30am and 2.30pm. However, you are required to arrive at least 30 minutes before the event is due to starts to complete an application form.
The Sector Based Work Academies will enable individuals to gain recognised qualifications to support employment within the Passenger Transport sector.
You are required to be referred by your local Jobcentre Plus advisor.
You don’t heave to be unemployed to join the course however, it you are unemployed and would like to join the course you will need to be in receipt of Job Seekers Allowance (JSA), Employment Support Allowance (ESA) or Universal Credit (UC)
You will be required to provide a full driving license and proof you have the right to work in the UK. You will be required to bring the documents with you on the day of the selection event.
Immediate start dates are available. However, further start dates will be available throughout the next 12 months.
How will I be assessed at the selection event?
There will be three short assessments
- Short paper based English and Math’s assessment
- Group Exercise
Previous Sector Based Work Academies in Passenger Transport – Bus and Coach Driving resulted in 65% of candidates who completed the course gaining employment.
What could the successful completion of the course lead to?
This course can lead to full or part time employment and additional Further Education opportunities within the Passenger Transport industry.
If successful in gaining employment a progression route onto a Level 2 Apprenticeship Programme may be available.
What will I study?
BTEC Level 1 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Passenger Transport – Bus and Coach sector:
- Introduction to the Passenger Transport Sector
- Introduction to the values and principles of Passenger Transport Sector
- Awareness of the skills and attitudes needed to work in Passenger
- Awareness of communication in Passenger Transport Sector
- Awareness of the role and responsibilities of the Passenger Transport worker
Level 1 Certificate in Workskills
- Searching for a job
- Applying for a job
- Preparing for an Interview
- Interview skills
- Working in a team
- Investigating rights and responsibilities at work
- Using a CV and covering letter to apply for a job
BTEC Level 2 Preparing to Work in Passenger Transport Sector
- Principles of communication in the Passenger Transport Sector
- Understand how to handle information in the Passenger Transport Sector
- Principles of personal development in the Passenger Transport Sector
- Principles of diversity, equality and inclusion in the Passenger Transport Sector
- Understand the role of the social Passenger Transport worker
- Principles of safeguarding and protection in the Passenger Transport Sector
- Introduction to duty of care in the Passenger Transport Sector
- Understand health and safety in the Passenger Transport Sector
What can I go on to study?
The programme supports progression to other courses including Level 2 Apprenticeship in Passenger Transport – Bus and Coach Driving.
How do I apply?
Please speak to your JCP advisor first to be referred onto the selection session. If you need further information and how to register please phone Katie Taylor (Employability Coordinator) – on 07955 118613 or 0116 242 3688 or via our contact form.